Thursday, October 8, 2009

this i know for sure


My roommates and I make a wish at 11:11. We try to, every night-- when it hits that time, one of us will yell "TIME!" and there will be an immediate moment of silence when we think to ourselves, and wish for something. And then life will continue. Or, we'll miss it, sometimes by a minute, sometimes by an hour. No wish for us tonight.

The Roadtrip Nation series premieres in California tonight. 11 PM. It's terrifying to realize that in a couple of hours, hundreds of strangers will see me on their television screens. It premieres in Maryland on Saturday night, 10:30 PM. You know, I have accomplished something with my life, believe it or not. I've done this. At the very least, if I were to die today, my life would not be completely forgotten; I live on film.

Have you ever made fried oreos? They are really delicious! Don't think about what they're made of though.. that will ruin everything. Douse oreo in pancake batter, drop into pot of boiling (vegetable/canola) oil, pull out when golden and beautiful. For extra credit, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Consume with care; they tend to be real hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment